Laying the Foundation for a Healthy Future
Our Commitment to You
From infancy through young adult years, South Area Pediatrics Medical Group Inc in Sacramento, CA, will provide your child with healthcare, compassion, education, and support. Our team is committed to helping every patient achieve their optimum level of health and well-being. Whether you’re in need of an ear infection treatment, a flu shot, or routine care, we are able to help parents raise healthy and well-adjusted children through disease prevention, proper nutrition, fitness regimens, and more.
If you think your child is sick, call us at 916-394-2580 or schedule an appointment now!
Our office requires that a parent or legal guardian accompany the patient to the initial appointment. If you are the legal guardian, you must provide legal proof of guardianship. If documentation is not provided, we will not be able to honor the appointment time and it will be rescheduled.
When you don’t have the time or the ability to visit your doctor’s office for medical care, you can turn to telehealth. The exceptional team at South Area Pediatrics Medical offers telehealth to new and existing patients, giving you the ability to video conference with your doctor, receive medical care, and be prescribed medication while staying in the comfort of your own home. If you would like to learn more about how to register for telehealth, call us at 916-394-2580.
What Do Telehealth Services Offer?
- Two-way, high-definition video. With telehealth, you use video conferencing so that you have a face-to-face meeting with your provider — like you’re sitting together in your doctor’s office.
- Digital patient registration. You register online, where you can submit your symptoms, allergies, medications, medical history, and ID cards prior to your first teleconference visit with your doctor.
- Prescription management. Your doctor manages your medications and sends your prescriptions electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
- Secure online payment. Telehealth software allows you to securely send your payment online.
- Chat and photo-sharing capabilities. You can chat with your doctor and easily upload photos of your symptoms when applicable. Communication is a two-way street, as your physician can reach out to you with messages.
- HIPAA compliant. HIPAA is a law that protects the privacy of your medical records and personal health information. Your telehealth interactions are also secure, and only authorized users can access your telehealth sessions.
Will Insurance Pay For Telehealth?
Some insurance companies cover telehealth, while others don’t. Additionally, some states require insurance companies to reimburse at the same rate as they cover for in-person appointments. In most states, Medicaid covers telehealth. Check with your insurance provider to find out if you’re covered.
As of March 6, 2020, Medicare is paying providers across the United States to provide telehealth services due to the COVID-19 crisis. However, this Medicare coverage may be a temporary benefit.
What Healthcare Services Can I Receive Through Telehealth?
Payment is expected at the time services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept:
- American Express
- Blue Cross
- Health Net
- Molina Healthcare
- Straight Medi-Cal
- Aetna Medical
Electronic Health Records
Our office utilizes electronic health records that allow us to be able to provide everything that might be needed at the time of your child’s appointment. From prescriptions, referrals, authorization requests to a specialist, or a school note; having your child’s medical records in an electronic form will help assist with all of their needs.
4760 Florin Road #D
Sacramento CA 95823
Monday-Friday: 7:45 AM-5:00 PM